Yesterday I missed a phone call from the Blood Utilization Program at Vancouver General Hospital (I'll admit, I rarely answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. There's a reason I have voicemail). Suzanne called back today to tell me it's time for blood tests! I expected the testing to be a bit of a pain, but it was ridiculously simple. Suzanne was able to email me a PDF of the lab request form, and then I just had to go to the lab. I'm not on campus today, so she gave me a few addresses of labs near my house and asked me to go today or tomorrow, or early next week at the lastest.
I've donated blood fairly often, and it's always a huge pain. The staff usually have trouble finding a vein and getting my blood to come out. Not today! The tech had the needle in my arm before I even realized she'd started. Steve tells me they use much much tinier needles to draw blood for tests, so it usually goes much easier.
Steve's experience working in the lab made him very curious about what tests they were doing! He's asked before what x-rays have been taken, but I have no idea what they're called! And he calls me a dork...
I should hear back from Suzanne next week with my results... here's hoping all the numbers are right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment